Don't be treated like another case number at an overcrowded firm. We will give you the one-on-one personal attention you deserve and back it with over 25 years of experience. You will never pay fees to us unless we win your case!
Have You Been Injured by Negligence?
In certain situations, each of us has a duty of care to those around us. We all hope to avoid accidents in our daily lives, and we should also do everything in our power to prevent harm from befalling others.
When driving our cars or maintaining our private property, we have an explicit duty of care to those around us. When someone violates this duty of care and becomes the cause of you or those you love being in an accident, you are legally allowed to hold the responsible party liable for damages.
An Experienced Firm With a Record of Success
At Pittman Law Firm, P.L., our personal injury lawyers in Fort Myers have over 25 years of experience helping accident victims seek justice and compensation for their injuries throughout litigation and settlement negotiation. We are proud of our success serving as counsel for the injured.
Our personal commitment to our clients is the driving force behind every action we take. We're a family-run firm and when you call our office, you speak directly with us. If you are searching for a personal injury lawyer in Fort Myers to represent you, we invite you to contact us before you make any decision about who will represent you.
If you have been injured by an act of negligence, the firm you choose to represent you could make a significant difference in the value of your settlement or verdict. Call to schedule a free consultation.
You may be wondering, what makes the Pittman Law Firm so different? Our firm has been successfully fighting for personal injury victims for almost two decades and we have helped thousands of clients to recover compensation and resolve their disputes. We are active advocates for client rights and we are personally invested in the success of every case.
Our list of accolades includes:
- Millions of dollars recovered for clients
- Life Member: Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum*
- Member: The American Society of Legal Advocates (ASLA)*
- 10.0 Rating with Avvo*
- Avvo Clients' Choice Award*
- Avvo 2014 Top Contributor for Personal Injury*
- A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB®)
- Top 100 Litigation Lawyer in Florida*
- The Top Trial Lawyers in America*
- Free initial consultations!
*Attorney David Pittman
"I would definitely recommend this law firm. I never had to call and ask for updates because they always called me any time there was a change in my case. Everyone is honest and really looks out for their clients."Past Client
"I liked the way I was treated so sincerely every time I spoke to someone. I was always asked how I was doing and feeling, not just about the facts of the case."Past Client
"I could not ask for a better lawyer. I left a very satisfied customer. I highly recommend them and would most definitely use them again should a need arise."Petty S.
During this pandemic they kept fighting hard for me!Gina S.
"Very professional and attentive firm. They explained everything very well and put me at ease. Kristin updated me all through the process and made sure that the insurance company didn't take advantage of me. I would highly recommend their services."Aladino C.
"I was very happy with my experience with Pittman Law Firm. They did an excellent job!"Allison Z.
"This firm was recommended by (2) separate doctors. These doctors knew our case was “too small” for the big firms. We would not be treated seriously. Pittman Law Firm never asked “ how big is your injury?” They just asked “How "Jerry M.
"While cycling in Bonita Springs I was struck by a negligent driver and hospitalized. Referred to Pittman Law I was very impressed at the professionalism and responsiveness of the firm. Within 6 months my claim was settled and paid with great results. As a "James J.
"Kristin was amazing, I can’t thank her enough! Having had a car accident for the first time and being the other drivers fault, I was in shock and confusion as to how to handle everything. The first thing Kristin was concerned about was me, she steere"Linda M.
"I totaled my car, was out of work for a while and in pain. Pittman Law Firm basically was like having a helper through everything. They did all the paperwork and took all of the phone calls from the insurance company. Now I am feeling better and it is all "Past Client
"I was hit by another driver and they lied to the police trying to make it look like I hit them. Pittman Law Firm helped me show that I was not at fault and everything turned out good in the end. It would have never went that way trying to do it myself."Past Client
"My son was in his first accident and we had no idea what to do or where to start. Pittman Law Firm told us what to expect and took the fear out of not knowing what to do. My son is better, the car is fixed and everything is back to normal. We would have ne"Past Client
"My experience with Pittman Law Firm has been very positive. They have a pleasant demeanor, are caring, patient and were always ready to answer any questions pertaining to my case."Past Client
"I was introduced to David by a mutual acquaintance for help with banks that were trying to force me into losing commercial properties I had spent my life working. The banks were in trouble and I became their target with such large loan balances. I couldn't"John P. (Past Client)
"I had a major car accident in 2014, 1 month after giving birth to my son. Being a first time mom, single parent and in excruciating pain is no fun. I had a lot of stress, depression, you name it. Pittman Law Firm was there for me literally ALL THE WAY!! Th"Past Client
Why Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
When clients choose to work with our team, they can expect dedicated legal professionals determined to fight for their best interests in every situation. Being injured in an accident can completely derail one’s life. When the negligent actions of another person are responsible for your injuries and suffering, our Fort Myers personal injury attorneys will fight for you to be compensated.
A skilled attorney from our firm will be able to help you secure medical treatment and a proper diagnosis, take actions to preserve the evidence and build your case, and assist you in calculating the full financial impact of your injuries and the amount you have a right to claim in compensation.
Most importantly, an attorney can bring your case from initial discussion through to resolution, negotiating on your behalf and even going to court if necessary. Insurance companies are trained to "spin" or interpret your case in a manner to minimize the value of your claim and justify paying you less money. Pittman Law Firm, P.L. may be able to help you secure financial compensation for your injuries so that you are not forced to pay the price for the other person's negligence.
How Much is My Injury Claim Worth?
If you have been injured in a slip and fall, car accident, or any other act of negligence, then you are probably wondering how much monetary compensation you will receive for your medical bills and damaged property. Not only do injuries affect you physically, but also emotionally, mentally, and financially. Luckily, the law allows injury victims to seek restitution from the individual or entity that was legally responsible for the incident.
There is no set calculator for personal injury damages. The amount of compensation you receive is proportionate to the losses you have sustained. The damages you can claim in a personal injury claim may include:
- Compensation for all medical treatment, rehabilitation, and other hospitalization costs
- Compensation for all lost income - if your injury kept you from being able to earn a living, then you may be eligible to be reimbursed for lost wages. If your ability to work is affected long-term, then you could be compensated for future lost income as well.
- Compensation for damaged property - If your car, clothing, or other personal items were damaged in the accident, then you be paid for the repairs or fully compensated if they are lost for good.
- Compensation for pain and suffering - If you are in serious pain and discomfort as a result of the accident, then you can be monetarily reimbursed for that.
- Compensation for emotional distress, pain, and anguish - If you are emotionally, mentally or psychologically impacted by your injury or the accident itself, then you could receive additional compensation.
- Compensation for loss of enjoyment - Has your injury caused you to lose out on the enjoyment of life, past hobbies, exercise or other types of recreational activities that you enjoyed prior to the accident, then that could lead to additional compensation.
- Compensation for loss of consortium - This type of restitution is awarded to the family members of the injured party when their relationship dynamic or sexual relationship is impacted by their injury.
Our Fort Myers personal injury attorneys can help you determine how much your case might be worth during a free consultation. You can count on us to fight for every penny you deserve.
What is Considered Negligence?
There are many types of negligence cases, and while most situations are straightforward, it’s important to know and understand how the different types of negligence impact a case.
- Gross negligence is the most serious form of negligent behavior or conduct. The victim would need to prove the at-fault party seriously violated their duty of care through reckless behavior that caused harm and injury to another person.
- Comparative negligence is used to defend against liability claims. An attorney may claim the victim was partially to blame or in some way contributed to the accident. If argued successfully, a comparative negligence defense can negate a plaintiff’s claim for damages.
- Vicarious negligence refers to a party or individual who is not directly liable for an accident they caused. This form of negligence is usually applied in cases involving young children or employees. If the direct cause of the accident is not liable, then liability is assumed by an associated party. An example of vicarious negligence would be if the parents of a minor child were held accountable for their child’s liability.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
According to the Florida Statutes section 95.11(3)(a), you have four years to file a personal injury claim before the statute of limitations ends. If the statute of limitations runs out before you file a claim you will lose your right to do so also losing your right to recover compensation. There are exceptions that can extend or shorten the amount of time you have to file a claim so it’s important to contact an attorney as soon as possible to discuss the specifics of your case. We offer free consultations, so contact our firm today.
What Is A Personal Injury Attorney?
A personal injury lawyer is a legal professional who helps clients seek compensation for their injuries and losses who have been physically injured due to the negligence, recklessness, or intentional actions of another party. These injuries can arise from various situations, including car accidents, slip and falls, medical malpractice, product defects, workplace accidents, and more.
Let Us Defend Your Right to a Fair Settlement
Our firm is a local family business so you can get personalized and compassionate representation and the one-on-one time and attention you deserve. We believe there is no "one size fits all" solution to your problem, which is why we formulate your case to meet your specific needs. The attorneys at our firm will answer the phone when you call and are more than happy to answer any questions or concerns that you may have regarding your case. At Pittman Law Firm, P.L. we want to help you turn your objectives into reality so you can get back to the business of living life.
A full evaluation of your case should take place as early as possible after the incident. There could be evidence that supports your case that must be preserved, and interviews with witnesses should be undertaken before memories fade. You can trust our personal injury lawyer in Fort Myers to move forward with professional skill, and with the determination and commitment you deserve.
**All mail should be sent to our Bonita Springs office**
We have over 25 years of experience handling personal injury cases.
We handle every case personally.
We are a full-service law firm and can help you with all aspects of your case, including your car.
We treat every case like we were handling it for a family member.
We return all calls - don't get lost in the system of a large firm!
We are local and have convenient locations.
We've won millions of dollars on behalf of our clients.
We can do everything large firms can do, but better.
Contact Us For A Free Consultation
Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, our legal team is ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (239) 603-6913.