Have you been injured in a serious car accident? If so, you probably have a lot of unanswered questions that you will want to ask your Fort Myers car accident attorney. When dealing with car accident cases, you will want to sit down with your lawyer and have them review your case in person. When you work with the Pittman Law Firm, P.L., you will receive the personal time and attention that your case deserves. Let us sit down with you so we can answer any questions or concerns that you may have. We can also inform you of your legal options and explain how your case will be handled in the different stages. To help you prepare for your free initial consultation, here are a few questions that you can ask:
- How much experience do you have handling personal injury cases? – It is very important that your lawyer has experience in the area and has had success in their past car accident cases.
- Do I have a valid case? – If you were mostly at fault for the accident, then you may not want to move forward with the case. Ask your attorney if your case will stand in court and if you have enough supporting evidence to back your claim.
- How much could my case be worth? – Your attorney should be able to tell you what kinds of damages that you are entitled to from lost wages, pain and suffering, medical bills and hospitalization. Remember that the more severe your injuries are, the more compensation you are entitled to.
- How can I prove fault in my car accident case? – It is very important that you are able to establish who was at fault for the accident and who will be held liable to pay for the damages.
- When is the deadline for filing my case? – With every personal injury and car accident case, there is a statute of limitations that you must abide by. Ask your attorney how much time you have to file your claim before it is too late.
- Should I agree to settle my case? – In certain situations, your lawyer may advise you to agree to the settlement that is being offered. This will be on a case by case basis depending on the specific circumstances.
- How long will my case take to conclude? – This is also on a case by case basis. If your case involves multiple cars and the injuries that were sustained were catastrophic, then your case may take longer than a simple fender bender involving minor injuries.
- How much do you charge? – Ask your attorney if they operate on a contingency fee basis and find out what percentage they charge. Some attorneys charge by the hour and that is important to know before you secure legal representation. Also be sure to ask them what court fees and costs may be associated with the filing of your claim.
- What is the difference between suing and settling? – Settlements usually happen outside of court because moving party accepts an offer that the defendant or insurance company made. Suing is when the court goes before a judge for a jury to decide. Your attorney should be able to explain these differences in further detail.
- How can I protect my case? – Aside from filing within the statute of limitations, be sure to read up on any other state requirements that may pertain to your case.
For aggressive legal advocacy in your car accident case, be sure to contact Pittman Law Firm, P.L. today for a free initial case evaluation.